The DeWalt DXPW3835 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3835
The DeWalt DXPW3835 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (almost 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.4 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3835 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3835 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 125 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW3835 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3835's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW3835 also comes with soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun, oil, nozzle cleaner and wand.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3835 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3835's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3835 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3835, a device which can produce up to 3800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with a PSI of 4500.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 4400 has the highest GPM of 4.2.
- The DXPW3835 has 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 4400 with its 18480 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3835 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3835 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).