The DeWalt DXPW3835 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3835
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW3835 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3800 PSI (roughly 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW3835's cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.4 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3835 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3835 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 125 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW3835 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with DeWalt DXPW3835's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW3835 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, wand, spray gun, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner and soap hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3835 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3835's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3835 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3800 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DXPW3835 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $875 to $1025 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Predator 4400 with 4400 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 4400, with a GPM of 4.2.
- With the DXPW3835's 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 18480 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3835 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3835 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).