The DeWalt DXPW4035 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW4035
The DeWalt DXPW4035, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The DeWalt DXPW4035's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 269 cc (8.4 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4000 PSI (approximately 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DXPW4035 thus has a cleaning power of 14000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.4 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW4035 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW4035 convenience of transport.
At 126 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 269 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The DeWalt DXPW4035's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW4035 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW4035 also comes with wand, spray gun, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW4035 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW4035's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW4035 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 4000 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW4035 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $675 and $825. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Simpson PS60843, with a GPM of 4.
- The DXPW4035, which reaches up to 14000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 14000 and 14500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW4035 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||269 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60895|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 23 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW4035 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).