The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 22 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60603
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196cc (5.8 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60603 has a cleaning power of 8960 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.82 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60603 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60603 convenience of transport.
At 90 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 196cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit’s two 10" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW60603 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW60603's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW60603 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, spray gun, oil, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60603 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60603's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60603 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3200 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW60603 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $700 and $800. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the A-iPower PWF4200SH, which reaches up to 4200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.8, can be considered in the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the A-iPower PWF4200SH, with 4 GPM.
- With the DXPW60603's 8960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the A-iPower PWF4200SH, which can reach up to 16800 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60603 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).