The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 22 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60603
The DeWalt DXPW60603, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW60603's cleaning power of 8960 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX200 engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60603 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60603 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 90 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The DeWalt DXPW60603's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60603 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW60603 comes with soap hose, oil, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60603 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60603's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60603 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60603, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $675 to $800 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Champion 100790 with 4200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.8, can be considered in the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Champion 100790, with 4 GPM.
- The DXPW60603's Cleaning Units, 8960 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Champion 100790 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60603 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).