The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60603
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW60603's cleaning power of 8960 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.82 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60603 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60603 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 90 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 10" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW60603 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60603 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW60603 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60603 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60603's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60603 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60603 and its 3200 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $700 and $900. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Generac 6565, with 4 GPM.
- The DXPW60603 has 8960 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the DeWalt DXPW4440 and its 17600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60603 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 22 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).