The DeWalt DXPW60603 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60603
The DeWalt DXPW60603, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60603 has a cleaning power of 8960 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60603 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60603 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 90 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The DeWalt DXPW60603 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60603 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW60603 comes with nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60603 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60603's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60603 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60603 with its 3200 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $675-825 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Generac 6565, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- With 8960 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the DXPW60603 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, which can reach up to 17600 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60603 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 22 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW60603 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).