The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60604
The DeWalt DXPW60604, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 270cc (8.4 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60604 has a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60604 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60604 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 125 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its 270cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW60604's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with spray gun, oil, nozzle cleaner, soap hose, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60604 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60604 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60604, with a maximum pressure output of 3800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $900 to $1000 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20507, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the DXPW60604 are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).