The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60604
The DeWalt DXPW60604, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60604 has a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60604 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60604 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 125 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. The main contributors to its weight are its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60604's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, oil, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60604 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60604 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60604 and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1200. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 3.5, can be considered in the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, with 4.2 GPM.
- The DXPW60604 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 13300 CU (PSI x GPM). If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 18480 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).