The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60604
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 270cc (8.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (almost 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60604 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60604 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 125 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its 270cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW60604 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW60604's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, nozzle cleaner, oil, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60604 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60604 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60604, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3800, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $1000 to $1400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with 4500 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the DXPW60604 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Triplex pump
- Honda engine
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent GPM for the price
- No soap tank
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).