The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60604
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60604 has a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60604 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60604 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 125 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW60604's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, oil, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60604 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60604 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60604, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3800, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $800 to $900 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 4400, that can deliver up to 4.2 GPM.
- With the DXPW60604's 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).