The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60604
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (roughly 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60604 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60604 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 125 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW60604 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW60604's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW60604 comes with pressure hose, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60604 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60604's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60604 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3800 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DXPW60604 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $700 to $800 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson PS60843, which reaches up to 4400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Generac 6565, with a GPM of 4.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW60604 are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson PS60843 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60604 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 24 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW60604 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).