The DeWalt DXPW60606 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60606
The DeWalt DXPW60606, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes an impressive 389 cc (11.7 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (almost 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX390 engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60606 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW60606 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 145 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 13" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW60606 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60606 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW60606 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, oil, soap hose, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60606 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60606's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60606 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60606, reaching a PSI of up to 4200, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $1550-2000 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 4 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the NorthStar 157160 has the highest GPM of 5.
- Reaching up to 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the DXPW60606 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60606 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 45 x 28 x 25.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW60606 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).