The DeWalt DXPW60606 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||389cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 45 x 28 x 25.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW60606
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW60606 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 389cc (11.7 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4200 PSI (around 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the DeWalt DXPW60606 has a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX390 engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.6 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW60606 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW60606 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 145 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 389cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW60606's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW60606 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW60606 comes with nozzle cleaner, wand, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW60606 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW60606's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW60606 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW60606, which can achieve a PSI of up to 4200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $1700 to $2200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Stihl RB 800 with 4200 PSI.
- This washer reaches 4 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the DXPW60606 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Stihl RB 800 and its 16800 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW60606 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW60606 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).