The ECHO PW-3100 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the ECHO PW-3100
In a nutshell, the ECHO PW-3100 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 212 cc (7 hp) engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the ECHO PW-3100's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Rato R225 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The ECHO PW-3100 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23 x W22 x H43 in. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
With a weight of 77 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 212 cc Rato R225 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the PW-3100 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The ECHO PW-3100 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.92 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The ECHO PW-3100 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The ECHO PW-3100 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The ECHO PW-3100 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The ECHO PW-3100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the ECHO PW-3100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The ECHO PW-3100, with a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $400 to $500 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 with 3600 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the PW-3100 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the ECHO PW-3100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc 7 HP Rato R225 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap tank||0.92 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23 x 22 x 43 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
As the largest subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan, ECHO Incorporated has its headquarters located in Lake Zurich, IL, USA. Originally it was established in 1972 as the Kioritz Corporation of America, but the name was changed to its current form six years later. ECHO boasts a wide range of outdoor power products, including pressure washers, blowers, chainsaws, and trimmers. Most of these are manufactured in the US using parts from both domestic and foreign suppliers. The company uses a pro-environmental approach in its business, incorporating technology, conservation, and sustainability.
The ECHO PW-3100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of ECHO pressure washers, please consult ECHO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).