The ECHO PW-3200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the ECHO PW-3200
The ECHO PW-3200 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the ECHO PW-3200's cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the ECHO PW-3200 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 69 lbs. Its 212 cc engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two never-flat wheels allow the PW-3200 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The ECHO PW-3200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The ECHO PW-3200 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The ECHO PW-3200 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the ECHO PW-3200 also comes with oil, spray gun, soap hose, wand, funnel, pressure hose and tool kit.
- Emissions: The ECHO PW-3200 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The ECHO PW-3200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the ECHO PW-3200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The ECHO PW-3200, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $600 to $700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with a PSI of 4500.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson PS60843, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- The PW-3200 has 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the ECHO PW-3200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
As the largest subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan, ECHO Incorporated has its headquarters located in Lake Zurich, IL, USA. Originally it was established in 1972 as the Kioritz Corporation of America, but the name was changed to its current form six years later. ECHO boasts a wide range of outdoor power products, including pressure washers, blowers, chainsaws, and trimmers. Most of these are manufactured in the US using parts from both domestic and foreign suppliers. The company uses a pro-environmental approach in its business, incorporating technology, conservation, and sustainability.
The ECHO PW-3200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of ECHO pressure washers, please consult ECHO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).