The ECHO PW-4200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc 13 HP Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 22 x 45 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the ECHO PW-4200
In a nutshell, the ECHO PW-4200 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 389 cc (13 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (almost 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.61 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W22 x H45 in, the ECHO PW-4200 provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The unit's weight of 152 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. The main contributors to its weight are its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit’s two never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The ECHO PW-4200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the ECHO PW-4200's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the ECHO PW-4200 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The ECHO PW-4200 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The ECHO PW-4200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the ECHO PW-4200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 4200 PSI, the ECHO PW-4200 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $1000 and $1400. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- Reaching up to 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the PW-4200 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the ECHO PW-4200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
As the largest subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan, ECHO Incorporated has its headquarters located in Lake Zurich, IL, USA. Originally it was established in 1972 as the Kioritz Corporation of America, but the name was changed to its current form six years later. ECHO boasts a wide range of outdoor power products, including pressure washers, blowers, chainsaws, and trimmers. Most of these are manufactured in the US using parts from both domestic and foreign suppliers. The company uses a pro-environmental approach in its business, incorporating technology, conservation, and sustainability.
The ECHO PW-4200 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of ECHO pressure washers, please consult ECHO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).