The ECHO PWE-1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the ECHO PWE-1800
The ECHO PWE-1800 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the PWE-1800 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the ECHO PWE-1800 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the PWE-1800 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 26 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The ECHO PWE-1800's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.2 gal tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. ECHO's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The ECHO PWE-1800 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, wand, turbo lance, spray gun, pressure hose and power cord.
The ECHO PWE-1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the ECHO PWE-1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The ECHO PWE-1800 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3500 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- As the PWE-1800 has a total of 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Stanley SHP2150 and its 3010 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the ECHO PWE-1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
As the largest subsidiary of the Yamabiko Corporation of Japan, ECHO Incorporated has its headquarters located in Lake Zurich, IL, USA. Originally it was established in 1972 as the Kioritz Corporation of America, but the name was changed to its current form six years later. ECHO boasts a wide range of outdoor power products, including pressure washers, blowers, chainsaws, and trimmers. Most of these are manufactured in the US using parts from both domestic and foreign suppliers. The company uses a pro-environmental approach in its business, incorporating technology, conservation, and sustainability.
The ECHO PWE-1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of ECHO pressure washers, please consult ECHO's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-432-ECHO (3246).