The Excell EPW2123100 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (80°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc 7 HP Rato R210 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||SIMMM Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 44 x 18 x 23 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Excell EPW2123100
In summary, the Excell EPW2123100 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 212 cc (7 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8680 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Rato R210 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Excell EPW2123100 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 68 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Rato R210 engine and its metal frame. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the EPW2123100 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Excell EPW2123100 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Excell EPW2123100 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Excell EPW2123100 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Excell EPW2123100 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Excell EPW2123100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Excell EPW2123100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Excell EPW2123100 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The EPW2123100, which reaches up to 8680 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Excell EPW2123100 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- No soap tank
The Excell brand was first established in 1996 by the parent company, DeVilbiss, to offer a new line of power tools. It is currently the subsidiary of Midwest Air Technologies (MAT) Holdings, Inc.
The Excell EPW2123100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Excell pressure washers, please consult MAT Industries' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-895-4549.