The Generac 6565 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6565
The Generac 6565 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 420 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (roughly 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.5 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 6565 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D34.5 x W28.3 x H42.5 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device weighs 146.5 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its 420 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 12" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Generac 6565 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Generac 6565 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose (4200 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6565 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6565 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6565 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6565's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6565 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 4200 PSI, the Generac 6565 is one of the gas-powered products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $800 to $900 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The 6565, with its 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the DeWalt DXPW4440 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6565 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34.5 x 28.3 x 42.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6565 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).