The Generac 6565 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34.5 x 28.3 x 42.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6565
The Generac 6565 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 420 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (roughly 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.5 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D34.5 x W28.3 x H42.5 in, the Generac 6565 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
This model weighs 146.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 420 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 12" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Generac 6565's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Generac 6565 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose (4200 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6565 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac 6565 comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose, soap hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 6565 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6565's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6565 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 4200 PSI, the Generac 6565 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $1000 and $1200. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with a PSI of 4400.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 4.2 GPM.
- Boasting with 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 6565 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6565 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6565 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).