The Generac 6565 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6565
In summary, the Generac 6565 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 6565's triplex pump, powered by an impressive 420 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (approximately 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 6565 thus has a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.5 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D34.5 x W28.3 x H42.5 in, the Generac 6565 offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
This model weighs 146.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 420 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 12" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The Generac 6565 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Generac 6565 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose (4200 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 6565's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6565 also comes with spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 6565 is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Generac 6565's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6565 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6565, which can reach up to 4200 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $800 and $900. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 4400, with a GPM of 4.2.
- The 6565, with its 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 4400 with its 18480 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6565 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34.5 x 28.3 x 42.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6565 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).