The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6712
In a nutshell, the Generac 6712 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 6712's triplex pump, powered by an impressive 302 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (approximately 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 6712 thus has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 134 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its 302 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Generac 6712 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Generac 6712 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6712 also comes with spray gun, oil, pressure hose, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6712, a device which can produce up to 3800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, with 4.2 GPM.
- The 6712 has 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).