The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6712
In summary, the Generac 6712 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 302 cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 6712 has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
At 134 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 302 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
Along with the Generac 6712 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Generac 6712 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac 6712 comes with soap hose, oil, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3800 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 6712 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $925 to $1000 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Predator 4400 with 4400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 4400, that can deliver up to 4.2 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 6712 rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 18480 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).