The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6712
The Generac 6712, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 302cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 6712 has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
At 134 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 302cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Generac 6712's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Generac 6712 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Generac 6712 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, oil, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6712 and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Predator 4400 that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 4.2 GPM.
- The 6712 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 12160 CU (PSI X GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 10500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).