The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6712
The Generac 6712, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 302 cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 6712 has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.7 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 134 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 302 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit’s two 10" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the Generac 6712 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Generac 6712 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Generac 6712 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, spray gun, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6712, a device which can produce up to 3800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $1000-1300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA with 4500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 6712 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).