The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6712
In a nutshell, the Generac 6712 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 302 cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 6712 has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.7 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 134 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its 302 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Generac 6712's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Generac 6712 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac 6712 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6712, a device which can produce up to 3800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $1000-1300 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 4400 has the highest GPM of 4.2.
- The 6712 has 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 4400, which can reach up to 18480 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).