The Generac 6712 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6712
The Generac 6712 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes an impressive 302 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (almost 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.7 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6712 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6712 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 134 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. A key role in its final weight is played by its 302 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the device’s two 10" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Generac 6712's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. However, since the Generac 6712 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6712's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6712 also comes with pressure hose, oil, wand, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Generac 6712 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6712's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6712 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6712 and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $900 and $1000. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 4400 has the highest GPM of 4.2.
- The 6712 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 12160 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6712 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||302 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 35.5 x 25.3 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6712 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).