The Generac 6924 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 40 x 19.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6924
In a nutshell, the Generac 6924 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With an impressive 212 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3600 PSI (roughly 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 6924's cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6924 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6924 convenience of transport.
At 82 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 212 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Generac 6924 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. It must be noted that the Generac 6924 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3600 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 6924's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6924 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 6924 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6924's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6924 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6924, reaching a PSI of up to 3600, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $600-700 price range.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.6 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Stihl RB 400, which can reach up to 2.7 GPM.
- The 6924, which reaches up to 9360 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6924 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Triplex pump
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Not CARB-compliant
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6924 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).