The Generac 6924 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6924
In summary, the Generac 6924 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 212 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3600 PSI (roughly 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 6924's cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6924 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6924 convenience of transport.
At 82 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 212 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
Along with the Generac 6924 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Generac 6924 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3600 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6924 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac 6924 comes with oil, wand, spray gun, soap hose and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6924 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac 6924's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6924 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3600 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 6924 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $600 to $700 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, with 4 GPM.
- The 9360 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 6924 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which can reach up to 18000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6924 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 40 x 19.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6924 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).