The Generac 6924 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 6924
The Generac 6924, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 212 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (roughly 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6924 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6924 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 82 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 212 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit’s two 10" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the Generac 6924 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Generac 6924 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3600 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 6924's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Generac 6924 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, spray gun, oil, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 6924 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6924's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6924 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6924, with a maximum pressure output of 3600 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $600 to $700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson PS60843 with a PSI of 4400.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Simpson PS60843, that can deliver up to 4 GPM.
- The 9360 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 6924 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Simpson PS60843 with its 17600 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6924 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 40 x 19.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6924 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).