The Generac 6924 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 40 x 19.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6924
The Generac 6924, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 6924's triplex pump, powered by an impressive 212cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (approximately 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 6924 thus has a cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6924 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6924 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 82 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 212cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the device’s two 10" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuverability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Generac 6924 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Generac 6924 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3600 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6924 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6924 also comes with spray gun, soap hose, oil, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6924 is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Generac 6924's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6924 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6924, which can reach up to 3600 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $600 and $700. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3800 with 3800 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse WPX3800, with a GPM of 3.6.
- With the 6924's 9360 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3800 and its 13680 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6924 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6924 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).