The Generac 6924 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 40 x 19.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6924
The Generac 6924, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 212 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (roughly 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac 6924 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 6924 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 82 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The main contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Generac engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, its two 10" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the Generac 6924 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Generac 6924 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (3600 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6924 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6924 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, oil, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 6924 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac 6924's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6924 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6924, with a maximum pressure output of 3600 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $600 to $700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with a PSI of 4500.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Simpson PS60843, with a GPM of 4.
- The 6924's Cleaning Units, 9360 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6924 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6924 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).