The Generac 7132 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7132
In a nutshell, the Generac 7132 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 7132's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7132 provides great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7132 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 58.1 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 173 cc Generac engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The 7132 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Generac 7132 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. The Generac 7132 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 7132 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Generac 7132 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, oil, battery charger and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Generac 7132 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7132's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7132 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7132, which can reach a PSI of 3100, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Stanley SXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- With the 7132's 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7132 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7132 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).