The Generac 7132 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7132
The Generac 7132, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 7132's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7132 provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7132 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 58.1 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 173 cc Generac engine and welded steel frame. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the 7132 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Generac 7132 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. The Generac 7132 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included PowerDial spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac 7132's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 7132 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, battery charger, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 7132 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7132's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7132 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 7132 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- As the 7132 has a total of 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7132 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7132 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).