The Generac 7143 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7143
The Generac 7143, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 7143's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. A 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7143 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7143 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 58.1 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. A major component of its weight are its 173 cc Generac engine and welded steel frame. The 7143 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Generac 7143's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. As the Generac 7143 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac 7143's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 7143 also comes with battery charger, Power Broom attachment, Soap Blaster nozzle, wand, pressure hose, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Generac 7143 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7143's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7143 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7143, which can reach a PSI of 3100, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with a GPM of 3.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 7143 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7143 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7143 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).