The Generac 7143 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7143
In a nutshell, the Generac 7143 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 7143 has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. A 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7143 provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7143 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 58.1 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 173 cc Generac engine and its welded steel frame. The 7143 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Generac 7143 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 7143 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 7143's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac 7143 comes with oil, battery charger, spray gun, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom attachment, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 7143 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7143's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7143 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 7143 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $400-500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Champion 100786, which reaches up to 3500 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 7143 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7143 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7143 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).