The Generac 7143 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7143
In summary, the Generac 7143 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 7143 has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7143 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7143 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 58.1 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 173 cc Generac engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 7143 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Generac 7143's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 7143 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 7143 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac 7143 comes with oil, Soap Blaster nozzle, pressure hose, Power Broom attachment, spray gun, battery charger and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 7143 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7143's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7143 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7143, which can reach a PSI of 3100, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with a PSI of 3600.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 7143 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7143 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7143 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).