The Generac 7143 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7143
In summary, the Generac 7143 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 173 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 7143 has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine provides a convenient and reliable start of this gas-powered pressure washer, with a dual start mechanism: you may freely choose between the more modern electric start, or the old-school pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V Lithium-ion battery, which is included.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.3 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7143 provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7143 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 58.1 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 173 cc Generac engine and its welded steel frame. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the 7143 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Generac 7143 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 7143 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac 7143's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac 7143 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get Power Broom attachment, Soap Blaster nozzle, wand, spray gun, battery charger, pressure hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 7143 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7143's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7143 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 7143 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Briggs & Stratton 20647, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 7143 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7143 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7143 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).