The Generac 7901 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 7901
The Generac 7901, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 7901's axial cam pump, powered by a 196cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 7901 thus has a cleaning power of 7440 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7901 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7901 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 57 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196cc Generac engine and its steel frame. But, as the 7901 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Generac 7901 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 7901 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 7901 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 7901 also comes with funnel, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 7901 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7901's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7901 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7901, a device which can produce up to 3100 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson MS61084-S with a PSI of 3400.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 3200, with a GPM of 2.8.
- With 7440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 7901 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7901 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7901 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).