The Generac 8894 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||G0088940|
|Soap tank||0.6 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 8894
The Generac 8894 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
The Generac 8894's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 8894 thus has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. A lithium-ion battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 8894 offers great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 8894 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 58.1 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. Since the 8894 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Generac 8894 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.6 gal tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included PowerDial spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 8894 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Generac 8894 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, battery charger, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 8894 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 8894's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 8894 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 8894, with a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $400 to $500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 3200, with a GPM of 2.8.
- The 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 8894 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 8894 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- The Generac 8894 doesn't have any notably low specs.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 8894 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).