The Generac 8894 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 8894
In a nutshell, the Generac 8894 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 8894 has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you may freely choose between the more modern electric start, or the old-school pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a lithium-ion battery, which is included.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 8894 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 8894 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 58.1 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 196 cc Generac engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The 8894 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Generac 8894's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.6 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 8894 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 8894 also comes with battery charger, pressure hose, oil, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac 8894 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 8894's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 8894 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $500.
- The Generac 8894, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3100, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $500 to $550 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- With 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 8894 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 8894 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||G0088940|
|Soap tank||0.6 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 8894 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).