The Generac 8894 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||G0088940|
|Soap tank||0.6 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.4 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 8894
The Generac 8894 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. A lithium-ion battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.4 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Generac 8894 offers great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 8894 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 58.1 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 8894 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Generac 8894 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.6 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3100 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 8894 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Generac 8894 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, oil, spray gun, wand and battery charger.
- Emissions: The Generac 8894 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 8894's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 8894 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 8894 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY803423H with 3400 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- As the 8894 has a total of 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 8894 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 8894 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).