The Generac GC2300W #8887 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, brushless|
|Other model numbers||8887, G0088870|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.4 x 18.7 x 35.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac GC2300W
The Generac GC2300W is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp brushless motor, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1700 PSI, resulting in the Generac GC2300W's cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Generac GC2300W's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.4 x W18.7 x H35.3 in, the Generac GC2300W provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the GC2300W convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 46.3 lbs, it is very easily carried around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Generac GC2300W's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac GC2300W's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac GC2300W comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Generac GC2300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac GC2300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2300 PSI, the Generac GC2300W finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $240 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- The GC2300W ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2040 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Ryobi RY142711 and its 2970 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Generac GC2300W is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac GC2300W is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).