The Generac GC2300W #8887 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, brushless|
|Other model numbers||8887, G0088870|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.4 x 18.7 x 35.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac GC2300W
In summary, the Generac GC2300W is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Powered by a 13 amp brushless motor, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 1700 PSI. Combined, these values mean that the Generac GC2300W has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The GC2300W is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Generac GC2300W offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.4 x W18.7 x H35.3 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the GC2300W convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 46.3 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. A set of two 12" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Generac GC2300W's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (6380 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Generac GC2300W's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac GC2300W also comes with spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand and power cord.
The Generac GC2300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac GC2300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2300 PSI, the Generac GC2300W finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $300 and $400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200e that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with a GPM of 2.3.
- The GC2300W has 2040 Cleaning Units, which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse WPX3200e, which can reach up to 3080 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Generac GC2300W is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Decent PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac GC2300W is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).