The Generac GC2700W #8888 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, brushless|
|Other model numbers||8888, G0088880|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.4 x 18.7 x 35.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac GC2700W
The Generac GC2700W, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp brushless motor, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2700 PSI (roughly 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 2100 PSI. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
The GC2700W is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Generac GC2700W is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.4 x W18.7 x H35.3 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the GC2700W convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 48.7 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. A set of two 12" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Generac GC2700W comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (8700 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac GC2700W's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac GC2700W comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Generac GC2700W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac GC2700W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 2700 PSI, the Generac GC2700W ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $195 and $255. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with 2.3 GPM.
- The 2520 Cleaning Units, of the GC2700W sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Greenworks GPW2700 and its 3240 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Generac GC2700W is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac GC2700W is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).