The Generac GC2700W #8888 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, brushless|
|Other model numbers||8888, G0088880|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.4 x 18.7 x 35.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac GC2700W
In a nutshell, the Generac GC2700W is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Using a 13 amp brushless motor, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2700 PSI (roughly 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 2100 PSI. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Generac GC2700W's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Generac GC2700W offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.4 x W18.7 x H35.3 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the GC2700W convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 48.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Generac GC2700W itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (8700 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Auto-Stop Switch: This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac GC2700W's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Generac GC2700W are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Generac GC2700W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac GC2700W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac GC2700W, which can reach up to 2700 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $300 and $400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200e that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2520 Cleaning Units of the GC2700W are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3200e and its 3080 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Generac GC2700W is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac GC2700W is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).