The Generac SpeedWash™ #6882 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6882
In summary, the Generac 6882 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2900 PSI (around 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Generac 6882 has a cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 6882 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 6882 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 57 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. But, as the 6882 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Generac 6882 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 6882 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 6882's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Generac 6882 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get Soap Blaster nozzle, oil, wand, pressure hose, spray gun and funnel.
- Emissions: The Generac 6882 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 6882's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6882 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6882, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2900, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with a PSI of 3400.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- The 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 6882 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6882 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6882 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).