The Generac SpeedWash™ #6882 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 6882
In summary, the Generac 6882 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 6882's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (approximately 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 6882 thus has a cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 6882 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 6882 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 57 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. The 6882 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Generac 6882 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. As the Generac 6882 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 6882 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 6882 also comes with funnel, Soap Blaster nozzle, spray gun, wand, pressure hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 6882 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 6882's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 6882 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 6882, a device which can produce up to 2900 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- With 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 6882 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 6882 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 6882 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).