The Generac SpeedWash™ #7122 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7122
The Generac 7122 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8640 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7122 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. Its 196 cc Generac engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the 7122 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Generac 7122's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Generac 7122 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included PowerDial spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 7122 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Generac 7122 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get Power Broom attachment, funnel, wand, pressure hose, spray gun, oil and Soap Blaster nozzle.
- Emissions: The Generac 7122 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Generac 7122 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.7 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- With a rather impressive value of 8640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 7122 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse WPX3400, which can reach up to 8840 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7122 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).