The Generac SpeedWash™ #7122 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 7122
In summary, the Generac 7122 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
The Generac 7122's brass axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 7122 thus has a cleaning power of 8640 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7122 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 62 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the 7122 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Generac 7122 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. The Generac 7122 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 7122's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Generac 7122 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as Soap Blaster nozzle, spray gun, pressure hose, oil, funnel, wand and Power Broom attachment.
- Emissions: The Generac 7122 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3200 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 7122 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $500 to $600 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson ALH3425-S, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.7 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 8640 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 7122 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7122 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).