The Generac SpeedWash™ #7122 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7122
In summary, the Generac 7122 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 7122's brass axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 7122 thus has a cleaning power of 8640 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7122 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 62 lbs. Its 196 cc Generac engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the 7122 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Generac 7122 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. As the Generac 7122 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 7122's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Generac 7122 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, Soap Blaster nozzle, wand, oil, pressure hose, funnel and Power Broom attachment.
- Emissions: The Generac 7122 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3200 PSI, the Generac 7122 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 with 3600 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.7 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- Boasting with 8640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 7122 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7122 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).