The Generac SpeedWash™ #7122 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac 7122
In a nutshell, the Generac 7122 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8640 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Generac 7122 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7122 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 62 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Generac engine and its steel frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 7122 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Generac 7122 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Generac 7122 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac 7122's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac 7122 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get Power Broom attachment, pressure hose, wand, spray gun, funnel, oil and Soap Blaster nozzle.
- Emissions: The Generac 7122 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7122's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7122 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3200 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 7122 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with a PSI of 3600.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.7 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 7122, which reaches up to 8640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7122 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7122 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).