The Generac 7899 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 7899
In summary, the Generac 7899 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 7899's cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Generac engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7899 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7899 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 57 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 196cc Generac engine and steel frame. The 7899 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Generac 7899's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Generac 7899 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the PowerDial spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 7899 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac 7899 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get Soap Blaster nozzle, spray gun, funnel, oil, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Generac 7899 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7899's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7899 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7899 and its 2900 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $400 and $500. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Simpson PS60995 with 3600 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3200 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the 7899 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Simpson PS60995 with its 9000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7899 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7899 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).