The Generac 7899 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 7899
The Generac 7899 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
With a 196cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac 7899's cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in, the Generac 7899 provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 7899 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 57 lbs. Its 196cc Generac engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 7899 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Generac 7899 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.5 gal tank. The Generac 7899 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Onboard storage: With the Generac 7899's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 7899 also comes with Soap Blaster nozzle, oil, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and funnel.
- Emissions: The Generac 7899 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 7899's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 7899 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac 7899, a device which can produce up to 2900 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3200, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 7899 has 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW3400 with its 9180 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 7899 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent GPM for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 7899 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).
Can’t get replacement parts