The Generac SpeedWash™ #8902 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Generac 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||G0089020|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/5|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24.2 x 18.9 x 35.5 in|
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, PowerDial spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Soap Blaster nozzle, Power Broom|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac 8902
In a nutshell, the Generac 8902 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac 8902's brass axial cam pump, powered by a 196cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac 8902 thus has a cleaning power of 8640 Cleaning Units.
The Generac engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Generac 8902 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24.2 x W18.9 x H35.5 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 8902 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 62 lbs. Its 196cc Generac engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the 8902 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Generac 8902 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Generac 8902 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/5" high-pressure hose (3400 PSI rating) can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included PowerDial spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- PowerDial™ gun: The PowerDial™ ergonomic spray gun features 4 different power modes, which can be selected simply, according to your cleaning task – soap, wood, concrete or car.
- Soap Blaster: The Soap Blaster attachment achieves a 3x longer spraying distance than a standard nozzle tip, allows you to penetrate tough stains and improves your overall cleaning results.
- Power Broom: Generac’s Power Broom features a 12” surface coverage with high pressure nozzles, which are up to 4x faster than standard nozzles. It performs excellently when cleanings deck, patios, driveways and sidewalks.
- Onboard storage: The Generac 8902's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac 8902 also comes with wand, Power Broom attachment, spray gun, pressure hose, funnel, Soap Blaster nozzle and oil.
- Emissions: The Generac 8902 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Generac 8902's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac 8902 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3200 PSI max pressure output, the Generac 8902 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson PS60995 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.7 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3200 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- The 8902, which reaches up to 8640 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Simpson PS60995 with its 9000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Generac 8902 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac 8902 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).