The Generac XC3300W #8870 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Generac XC3300W
The Generac XC3300W is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 212 cc engine, its aluminum triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9900 Cleaning Units.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac XC3300W grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
At 104 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 212 cc Generac G-Force engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its three 10" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
Along with the Generac XC3300W itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: The XC3300W does not feature a traditional soap tank. Instead, the detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. For this purpose, it has an integrated 5 gallon bucket holder that can hold cleaning detergent or serve as an additional onboard storage for tools and accessories. This bucket holder can be folded to save storage space. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating). However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac XC3300W features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Generac XC3300W comes with soap hose, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac XC3300W is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac XC3300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac XC3300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac XC3300W with its 3300 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $825-900 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, which reaches up to 4400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, with 4 GPM.
- The XC3300W ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 9900 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Generac XC3300W is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac G-Force OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||8870|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 51.5 x 23.3 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||3 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac XC3300W is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).