The Generac XC3300W #8870 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac G-Force OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||8870|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 51.5 x 23.3 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||3 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac XC3300W
In a nutshell, the Generac XC3300W is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 212 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (almost 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 9900 Cleaning Units.
Gasoline is stored in a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac XC3300W grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 104 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The main contributors to its weight are its 212 cc Generac G-Force engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its three 10" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Generac XC3300W's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: The XC3300W does not feature a traditional soap tank. Instead, the detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. For this purpose, it has an integrated 5 gallon bucket holder that can hold cleaning detergent or serve as an additional onboard storage for tools and accessories. This bucket holder can be folded to save storage space. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac XC3300W features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac XC3300W also comes with pressure hose, soap hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac XC3300W is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Generac XC3300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac XC3300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac XC3300W, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3300, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $825 to $900 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Simpson ALH4240 with 4200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson ALH4240, with 4 GPM.
- With 9900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the XC3300W is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Simpson ALH4240 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Generac XC3300W is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac XC3300W is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).