The Generac XC3300W #8870 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc Generac G-Force OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||8870|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 51.5 x 23.3 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||3 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac XC3300W
The Generac XC3300W is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 212cc engine, its aluminum triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Generac XC3300W's cleaning power of 9900 Cleaning Units.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac XC3300W grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 104 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 212cc Generac G-Force engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit’s three 10" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The Generac XC3300W's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: The XC3300W does not feature a traditional soap tank. Instead, the detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. For this purpose, it has an integrated 5 gallon bucket holder that can hold cleaning detergent or serve as an additional onboard storage for tools and accessories. This bucket holder can be folded to save storage space. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating) is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac XC3300W allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac XC3300W comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Generac XC3300W is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Generac XC3300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac XC3300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac XC3300W, a device which can produce up to 3300 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $925-1000 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 1574200, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 9900 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the XC3300W rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Generac XC3300W is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac XC3300W is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).