The Generac XC3300W #8870 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Generac G-Force OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||8870|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 51.5 x 23.3 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||3 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac XC3300W
In summary, the Generac XC3300W is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Generac XC3300W's aluminum triplex pump, powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (approximately 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac XC3300W thus has a cleaning power of 9900 Cleaning Units.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac XC3300W grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
At 104 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 212 cc Generac G-Force engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its three 10" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the Generac XC3300W itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: The XC3300W does not feature a traditional soap tank. Instead, the detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. For this purpose, it has an integrated 5 gallon bucket holder that can hold cleaning detergent or serve as an additional onboard storage for tools and accessories. This bucket holder can be folded to save storage space. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating). However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Generac XC3300W's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Generac XC3300W comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Generac XC3300W is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Generac XC3300W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac XC3300W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac XC3300W and its 3300 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $875 and $1025. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 1574200, with a GPM of 4.
- The XC3300W ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 9900 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with its 17600 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9300 and 10200 Cleaning Units, the Generac XC3300W is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac XC3300W is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).