The Generac XC3600W #8871 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc Generac G-Force OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||8871|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 51.5 x 23.3 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||3 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Stainless steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Generac XC3600W
The Generac XC3600W, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Generac XC3600W's aluminum triplex pump, powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (approximately 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Generac XC3600W thus has a cleaning power of 9360 Cleaning Units.
The Generac G-Force (opens in a new tab) engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.8 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Generac XC3600W grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
At 104 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 212 cc Generac G-Force engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its three 10" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Generac XC3600W comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: The XC3600W does not feature a traditional soap tank. Instead, the detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. For this purpose, it has an integrated 5 gallon bucket holder that can hold cleaning detergent or serve as an additional onboard storage for tools and accessories. This bucket holder can be folded to save storage space. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose (4000 PSI rating). But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its stainless steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Generac XC3600W features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Generac XC3600W also comes with wand, pressure hose, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Generac XC3600W is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Generac XC3600W's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Generac XC3600W compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Generac XC3600W, a device which can produce up to 3600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Predator 4400 that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 4400, that can deliver up to 4.2 GPM.
- With 9360 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the XC3600W is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Generac XC3600W is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Triplex pump
- G-Force engine
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Foldable bucket holder
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- On the expensive side
- No pressure hose storage
- Not CARB-compliant
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in a garage in Wales, Wisconsin by Robert Kern and five employees, Generac has been a leader in power generation systems since 1959. In the early 1960s, Generac began producing electric generators for Sears and Roebuck Company. During the 1970s the company began to manufacture other outdoor power equipment such as electric chainsaws, pressure washers, and welders. Generac, now a subsidiary of CCMP Capital, continues to be headquartered in Waukesha, with manufacturing facilities in four other cities in Wisconsin USA.
The Generac XC3600W is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Generac pressure washers, please consult Generac's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-GENERAC (888-436-3722).