The Greenworks GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1501
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1501 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (almost 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW1501's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17.7 in, the Greenworks GPW1501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1501 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 18.4 lbs. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. This light weight compensates for the fact that the GPW1501 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Greenworks GPW1501 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Greenworks GPW1501 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1501's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1501 also comes with pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Greenworks GPW1501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1501, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1500, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $60 to $90 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW19 that can reach up to 2000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Pulsar PWE1600, which can reach up to 1.6 GPM.
- The GPW1501's Cleaning Units, 1800 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1501 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17.7 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).