The Greenworks GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1501
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1501 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Greenworks GPW1501's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (approximately 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1501 thus has a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW1501's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17.7 in, the Greenworks GPW1501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1501 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 18.4 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Because the GPW1501 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1501 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Greenworks GPW1501 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1501's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1501 comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand, spray gun, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1501, a device which can produce up to 1500 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $70-100 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW20 that can reach up to 2030 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW20, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The GPW1501 has 1800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW20, which can reach up to 3572.8 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1501 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17.7 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).