The Greenworks GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Other model numbers
|Via foam cannon
|Quick connect nozzles
|20 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17.7 in
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1501
The Greenworks GPW1501, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Greenworks GPW1501's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (approximately 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1501 thus has a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1501 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17.7 in, the Greenworks GPW1501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1501 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 19.1 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the GPW1501 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1501 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. However, since the Greenworks GPW1501 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1501's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1501 also comes with nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand, pressure hose, power cord and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Greenworks GPW1501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1501 with its 1500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $70-100 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Westinghouse ePX3100v, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the GPW1501 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the A-iPower PWE1802 and its 2340 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1501 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).