The Greenworks GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||5100802|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17.7 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1501
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1501 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
The Greenworks GPW1501's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (approximately 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1501 thus has a cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17.7 in, the Greenworks GPW1501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1501 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 19.1 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the GPW1501 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Greenworks GPW1501's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. However, since the Greenworks GPW1501 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1501 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1501 also comes with spray gun, power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1501 with its 1500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000 with a PSI of 2030.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 1800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the GPW1501 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Ryobi RY1419MT with its 2280 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1501 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).