The Greenworks GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||5100802|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17.7 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1501
The Greenworks GPW1501, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1500 PSI (roughly 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1501's cleaning power of 1800 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1501 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17.7 in, the Greenworks GPW1501 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1501 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 19.1 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the GPW1501 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Greenworks GPW1501 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Greenworks GPW1501 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The 2 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW1501's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1501 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord, pressure hose and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1501's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1501 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1501 and its 1500 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $80 and $110. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the WEN PW22 with 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the GPW1501 rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW1900, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1501 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Onboard storage
- Could include more nozzles
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- No additional pressure control
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).