The Greenworks GPW1602 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1602
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1602 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1602's cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1602 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17 in, the Greenworks GPW1602 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1602 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 19 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the GPW1602 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1602 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Greenworks GPW1602 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1602's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1602 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Greenworks GPW1602's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1602 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1602, which can reach a PSI of 1600, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $60 and $90. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW19 that can reach up to 2000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Pulsar PWE1600, which can reach up to 1.6 GPM.
- The GPW1602's Cleaning Units, 1920 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1602 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||5101802|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1602 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).