The Greenworks GPW1602 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Other model numbers
|Via foam cannon
|Quick connect nozzles
|20 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17 in
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1602
The Greenworks GPW1602 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1602's cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1602 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17 in, the Greenworks GPW1602 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1602 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 19 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Even though the GPW1602 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Greenworks GPW1602 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The Greenworks GPW1602 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW1602's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW1602 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), nozzle cleaner, wand and spray gun.
The Greenworks GPW1602's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1602 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1602 with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $60-90 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3100v, with 1.76 GPM.
- The GPW1602, with its 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Westinghouse ePX3100v with its 2160 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1602 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1602 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).