The Greenworks GPW1602 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1602
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1602 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1602 has a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1602 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10 x W12 x H17 in, the Greenworks GPW1602 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1602 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 19 lbs. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the GPW1602 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1602's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Greenworks GPW1602 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The 2 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1602's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1602 comes with nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1602's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1602 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1600 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1602 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $50 to $90 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW19 that can reach up to 2000 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW19, which can reach up to 1.6 GPM.
- The GPW1602 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1920 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW19 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1602 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10 x 12 x 17 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1602 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).