The Greenworks GPW1702 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1702
The Greenworks GPW1702 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1702 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.2 x W13.2 x H24 in, the Greenworks GPW1702 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1702 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 22.8 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1702's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Greenworks GPW1702 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1702 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1702 comes with power cord, spray gun, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1702's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1702 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 1700 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1702 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $70-100 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the WEN PW19 with a PSI of 2000.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY01-VBS-WT, with a GPM of 1.65.
- With 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the GPW1702 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW19 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1702 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.2 x 13.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1702 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).