The Greenworks GPW1702 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||5100402|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.2 x 13.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1702
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1702 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Greenworks GPW1702's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1702 thus has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1702 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.2 x W13.2 x H24 in, the Greenworks GPW1702 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1702 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 17.7 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two solid wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1702 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Greenworks GPW1702 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1702's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1702 comes with spray gun, wand, power cord, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Greenworks GPW1702's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1702 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1702, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1700, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $150 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM60976 with a PSI of 2300.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, with a GPM of 1.76.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the GPW1702 are average. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 3608 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1702 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Hose reel
- Onboard storage
- Decent CU for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- No additional pressure control
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1702 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).