The Greenworks GPW1702 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1702
The Greenworks GPW1702, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
The Greenworks GPW1702's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1702 thus has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1702 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.2 x W13.2 x H24 in, the Greenworks GPW1702 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1702 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 22.8 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two solid wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1702 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. It must be noted that the Greenworks GPW1702 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 2 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1702's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1702 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun and pressure hose.
The Greenworks GPW1702's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1702 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, the Greenworks GPW1702 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $100 and $150. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BIOP that can reach up to 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with 1.76 GPM.
- The GPW1702 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2040 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1702 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.2 x 13.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1702 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).