The Greenworks GPW1702 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1702
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1702 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1702's cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1702 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.2 x W13.2 x H24 in, the Greenworks GPW1702 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW1702 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 22.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Greenworks GPW1702's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. As the Greenworks GPW1702 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1702's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1702 comes with pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1702's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1702 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1702 with its 1700 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The GPW1702 has 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMH, which can reach up to 4025 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1702 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.2 x 13.2 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1702 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).