The Greenworks GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1800
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1800 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1800 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1800 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 26.2 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1800's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW1800 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW1800's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1800 comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1800, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $120 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCMH, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The GPW1800 has 1980 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).