The Greenworks GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1800
The Greenworks GPW1800, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1800 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 26.2 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. A set of two 8" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Greenworks GPW1800's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Greenworks GPW1800 will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1800's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1800 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1800 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $200-250 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with a PSI of 2600.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 1.75 GPM.
- The GPW1800 has 1980 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).