The Greenworks GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1800
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1800 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1800's cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1800 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1800 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Since the unit weighs only 26.2 lbs, it is very easily carried around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 8" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW1800 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1800 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1800 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The Greenworks GPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1800, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.1 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The GPW1800 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1980 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1800 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).