The Greenworks GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1800
The Greenworks GPW1800 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1800 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 26.2 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW1800 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1800 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1800 comes with spray gun, pressure hose, wand and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1800, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1800, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $160 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with a PSI of 2400.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2866-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1980 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the GPW1800 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR and its 4200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).