The Greenworks GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||5101402|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1800
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1800 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Greenworks GPW1800's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). The Greenworks GPW1800 thus has a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1800 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1800 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 22.9 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 8" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW1800 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1800's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1800 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1800 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1800 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $120 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3050 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The GPW1800 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1980 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Westinghouse ePX3050 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).