The Greenworks GPW1950 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1950
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1950 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1950 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1950 has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1950 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1950 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.5 x W12 x H21.1 in. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 46 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1950 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Two different detergent solutions can be used to match your needs, thanks to a dual soap tank system. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1950's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1950 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, power cord and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1950's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1950 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1950, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1950, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $170 to $200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The GPW1950's Cleaning Units, 2340 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1950 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||Dual Tank|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.5 x 12 x 21.1 in|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1950 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).