The Greenworks GPW1950 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1950
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1950 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1950 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1950 has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1950 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1950 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.5 x W12 x H21.1 in. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 46 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1950's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A dual soap tank system allows you to use two different detergent solutions to match your cleaning needs. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1950's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW1950 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Greenworks GPW1950's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1950 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1950 with its 1950 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the GPW1950 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1950 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||Dual Tank|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.5 x 12 x 21.1 in|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1950 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).