The Greenworks GPW1950 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
This unit might be hard to find. For your convenience, we gathered the following alternatives with similar specs:
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap tank||Dual Tank|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.5 x 12 x 21.1 in|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1950
The Greenworks GPW1950, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
The Greenworks GPW1950's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1950 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW1950 thus has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1950 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1950 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.5 x W12 x H21.1 in. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Standing at only 46 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Greenworks GPW1950 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Two different detergent solutions can be used to match your needs, thanks to a dual soap tank system. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1950 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1950 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1950's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1950 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $199.
- With its 1950 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1950 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $170-200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 that can reach up to 2500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With the GPW1950's 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1950 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Two distinct soap tanks
- Hose reel
- Onboard storage
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1950 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).