The Greenworks GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1953
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1953 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1950 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1953's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1953 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1953 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1953 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 32 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 8" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1953 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1953's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW1953 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Greenworks GPW1953's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1953 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1953, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1950, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $150 to $210 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, with 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the GPW1953 rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1953 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1953 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).