The Greenworks GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1953
The Greenworks GPW1953 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1950 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1953 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1953 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1953 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 32 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 8" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Greenworks GPW1953 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1953 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1953 comes with wand, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Greenworks GPW1953's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1953 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1953, which can reach a PSI of 1950, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $150 and $200. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BIMK with 2600 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW21, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the GPW1953 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1953 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1953 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).