The Greenworks GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1953
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1953 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1950 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards), resulting in the Greenworks GPW1953's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1953 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW1953 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1953 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 32 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1953's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW1953's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1953 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
The Greenworks GPW1953's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1953 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1953, a device which can produce up to 1950 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The GPW1953's Cleaning Units, 2340 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1953 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1953 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).