The Greenworks GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1953
The Greenworks GPW1953 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1950 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1953 has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1953 provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1953 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 32 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 8" wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1953 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1953's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1953 also comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1953's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1953 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1950 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1953 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $150 to $180 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The GPW1953 has 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR, which can reach up to 4200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1953 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1953 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).