The Greenworks GPW1953 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1953
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW1953 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1950 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1953 has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW1953 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1953 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1953 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 27.8 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW1953's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1953 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW1953 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW1953's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1953 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $200.
- The Greenworks GPW1953, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1950, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $200 to $230 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3500 that can reach up to 2300 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the AR Blue Clean BCXP22300P has the highest GPM of 1.7.
- The 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the GPW1953 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2019, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1953 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).