The Greenworks GPW1954 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1954
The Greenworks GPW1954 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1950 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
The GPW1954 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1954 offers great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1954 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 38.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 8" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Greenworks GPW1954's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Greenworks GPW1954's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1954 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW1954 comes with spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Greenworks GPW1954's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1954 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1950 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW1954 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4601 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The GPW1954 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2340 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 6000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1954 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1954 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).