The Greenworks GPW1954 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1950 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW1954
In summary, the Greenworks GPW1954 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1950 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW1954 has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW1954's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW1954 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW1954 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 38.8 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 8" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Greenworks GPW1954 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Greenworks GPW1954's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW1954's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW1954 also comes with power cord, wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Greenworks GPW1954's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW1954 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW1954, a device which can produce up to 1950 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $250-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DWPW2400 with a PSI of 2400.
- With a water flow of up to 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- The GPW1954 has 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 and its 2640 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW1954 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW1954 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).