The Greenworks GPW2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2000
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 14 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2000 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW2000 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20.8 x H34 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW2000 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 31 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 10" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Greenworks GPW2000's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW2000's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW2000 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Greenworks GPW2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2000, a device which can produce up to 2000 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $240-300 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the GPW2000 rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMH-3000, which can reach up to 5400 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2000 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20.8 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).