The Greenworks GPW2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2000
In summary, the Greenworks GPW2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 14 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW2000 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W20.8 x H34 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the GPW2000 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 31 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 10" wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW2000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW2000's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Greenworks GPW2000 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Greenworks GPW2000 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with a PSI of 3000.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX9006-PRO, that can deliver up to 2 GPM.
- The GPW2000's Cleaning Units, 2400 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2000 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 20.8 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).