The Greenworks GPW2001 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||5101902|
|Soap tank||Dual Tank|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2001
In summary, the Greenworks GPW2001 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards), resulting in the Greenworks GPW2001's cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW2001's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW2001 offers great mobility. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 40.3 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Greenworks GPW2001 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Two different detergent solutions can be used to match your needs, thanks to a dual soap tank system. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW2001's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW2001 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, wand, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
The Greenworks GPW2001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2001, with a max water pressure of 2000 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $120-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3050 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- As the GPW2001 has a total of 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2001 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).