The Greenworks GPW2002 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||5102002|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.6 x 14.8 x 25.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2002
In a nutshell, the Greenworks GPW2002 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2002 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.6 x W14.8 x H25.2 in, the Greenworks GPW2002 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW2002 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 44.1 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Greenworks GPW2002's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW2002's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW2002 also comes with nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun, power cord and wand.
The Greenworks GPW2002's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2002 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2002, which can reach a PSI of 2000, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 that can reach up to 2300 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Boasting with 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the GPW2002 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Stanley SHP2150, which can reach up to 3010 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2002 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2002 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).