The Greenworks GPW2002 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2002
The Greenworks GPW2002, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW2002 has a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
The GPW2002 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.6 x W14.8 x H25.2 in, the Greenworks GPW2002 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the GPW2002 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 37 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Greenworks GPW2002 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW2002's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW2002 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, pressure hose, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Greenworks GPW2002's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2002 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2000 PSI, the Greenworks GPW2002 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2005P has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the GPW2002 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2002 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.6 x 14.8 x 25.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2002 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).