The Greenworks GPW2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2200
The Greenworks GPW2200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 14 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2200 PSI (around 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW2200 has a cleaning power of 5060 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2200 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW2200 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The adds to the GPW2200 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 43.7 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 10" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Greenworks GPW2200's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 10:1 ratio by the Greenworks GPW2200's automatic soap dilution mechanism. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW2200 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW2200 also comes with spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2200, reaching a PSI of up to 2200, is one of the more powerful electric units in $375-475 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the AR Blue Clean MAXX3000 with 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- With a rather impressive value of 5060 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the GPW2200 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4500 and 6000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).