The Greenworks GPW2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2200
The Greenworks GPW2200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 14 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Greenworks GPW2200's cleaning power of 5060 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW2200's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW2200 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The adds to the GPW2200 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 43.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW2200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW2200 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 10:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW2200's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Greenworks GPW2200 also comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Greenworks GPW2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2200, reaching a PSI of up to 2200, is one of the more powerful electric units in $350-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with a PSI of 3000.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- Boasting with 5060 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the GPW2200 is one of the most efficient devices in its respective price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Spray gun, wand, high pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).