The Greenworks GPW2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2200
The Greenworks GPW2200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 14 amp induction motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). GPM is the maximum value, and can usually only be reached at minimum pressure. Under typical load, the unit's rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks GPW2200's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW2200 offers great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The adds to the GPW2200 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 43.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" wheels.
Along with the Greenworks GPW2200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW2200 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 10:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Greenworks GPW2200's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks GPW2200 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Greenworks GPW2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2200, with a max water pressure of 2200 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $195-255 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DWPW2400, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The GPW2200, which reaches up to 2640 Cleaning Units is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Stanley SHP2150 and its 3010 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).