The Greenworks GPW2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2200
The Greenworks GPW2200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Powered by a 14 amp induction motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2200 PSI (around 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). GPM is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at minimum pressure. Under typical load, the unit's rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks GPW2200 has a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2200 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Greenworks GPW2200 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The adds to the GPW2200 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 43.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" wheels.
The Greenworks GPW2200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW2200 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 10:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Greenworks GPW2200's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW2200 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, wand, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The Greenworks GPW2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $300.
- The Greenworks GPW2200, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2200, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $300 to $360 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3200e with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2640 Cleaning Units of the GPW2200 are average. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW2700 with its 3240 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- High GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Low PSI for the price
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).