The Greenworks GPW2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks GPW2200
In summary, the Greenworks GPW2200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Greenworks GPW2200's axial pump, powered by a 14 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (approximately 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Greenworks GPW2200 thus has a cleaning power of 5060 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the GPW2200 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks GPW2200 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The adds to the GPW2200 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 43.7 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 10" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Greenworks GPW2200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The Greenworks GPW2200 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 10:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks GPW2200's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Greenworks GPW2200 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Greenworks GPW2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks GPW2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks GPW2200, which can reach up to 2200 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $350 and $500. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the AR Blue Clean MAXX3000 with 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The GPW2200, with its 5060 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks GPW2200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Spray gun, wand, high pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks GPW2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).