The Greenworks PW18HYB is a hybrid pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Greenworks PW18HYB
In a nutshell, the Greenworks PW18HYB is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Greenworks PW18HYB has a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Greenworks PW18HYB's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
The main draw of the Greenworks PW18HYB is that it is a hybrid pressure washer. Thus, in addition to its corded operation, the unit can also operate cordlessly on batteries, which makes it ideal for cleaning areas with no AC hook up.
For this, you'll need two of Greenworks' pro-grade 60V lithium-ion batteries. Neither these batteries nor their charger are included with the unit. Note that when operating on battery, the PW18HYB max PSI drops to 1500 and max GPM to 1.0, for a total of 1500 Cleaning Units.
Design & Handling
The Greenworks PW18HYB offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18 x W20.4 x H25.3 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the PW18HYB convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 26.5 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 8" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Greenworks PW18HYB itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable tank. The Greenworks PW18HYB has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Greenworks PW18HYB features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Greenworks PW18HYB are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Greenworks PW18HYB's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Greenworks PW18HYB compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Greenworks PW18HYB, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $180-255 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The PW18HYB ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1980 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Greenworks PW18HYB is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||5109402|
|Nozzles||25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18 x 20.4 x 25.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Group based in Changzhou, China. Founded in 2007 with the goal of marketing powerful lithium-ion battery technology paired with outdoor power equipment, Greenworks has regional offices in the USA and in Sweden. The company uses innovative methods to produce both corded electric and battery powered tools with power ratings ranging from 24-volts to commercial-grade 82-volts. Greenworks markets to homeowners and contractors who want smarter, greener, and cleaner solutions.
The Greenworks PW18HYB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Greenworks pressure washers, please consult Greenworks' warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-90-WORKS (888-909-6757).