The Husqvarna HB32 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||967979301, PW3200|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Husqvarna HB32
In a nutshell, the Husqvarna HB32 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 208cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Husqvarna HB32 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the HB32 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 80 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine and its welded steel frame. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the HB32 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Husqvarna HB32's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Husqvarna HB32's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Husqvarna HB32 comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
The Husqvarna HB32's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Husqvarna HB32 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $600.
- The Husqvarna HB32 and its 3200 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $600 and $700. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3800 with 3800 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse WPX3800 has the highest GPM of 3.6.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the HB32 rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse WPX3800 and its 13680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Husqvarna HB32 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Husqvarna HB32 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna pressure washers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.