The Husqvarna HB32 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||967979301, PW3200|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Husqvarna HB32
In a nutshell, the Husqvarna HB32 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Using a powerful 208cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Husqvarna HB32 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the HB32 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 80 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine and welded steel frame. Since the HB32 has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Husqvarna HB32 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Husqvarna HB32 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Husqvarna HB32 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose and wand.
The Husqvarna HB32's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Husqvarna HB32 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Husqvarna HB32 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $400 and $500. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- As the HB32 has a total of 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Husqvarna HB32 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- No soap tank
The Husqvarna HB32 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna pressure washers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.