The Husqvarna HH36 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Husqvarna HH36
The Husqvarna HH36 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3600 PSI (around 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Husqvarna HH36 has a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Husqvarna HH36 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the HH36 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 92 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. A key role in its final weight is played by its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The Husqvarna HH36's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Husqvarna HH36 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Husqvarna HH36 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Husqvarna HH36 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Husqvarna HH36's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Husqvarna HH36 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Husqvarna HH36 and its 3600 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $825 and $900. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Generac 6565, with a GPM of 4.
- The HH36 has 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the DeWalt DXPW4440 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Husqvarna HH36 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||967979401, PW3600|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Husqvarna HH36 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna pressure washers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.