The Husqvarna HH42 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||967979501, PW4200|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Husqvarna HH42
The Husqvarna HH42 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 389 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (roughly 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX390 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Husqvarna HH42 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the HH42 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 145 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Husqvarna HH42's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Husqvarna HH42's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Husqvarna HH42 comes with wand, soap hose, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Husqvarna HH42 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Husqvarna HH42's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Husqvarna HH42 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 4200 PSI, the Husqvarna HH42 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $1000 and $1200. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW4440, which reaches up to 4400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, with 4.2 GPM.
- Reaching up to 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the HH42 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Husqvarna HH42 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Husqvarna HH42 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna pressure washers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.