The Husqvarna HH42 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||389 cc Honda GX390 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Other model numbers||967979501, PW4200|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Husqvarna HH42
In summary, the Husqvarna HH42 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes an impressive 389 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (almost 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Husqvarna HH42 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the HH42 convenience of transport.
At 145 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 389 cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Husqvarna HH42 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Husqvarna HH42's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Husqvarna HH42 also comes with spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Husqvarna HH42 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Husqvarna HH42's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Husqvarna HH42 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Husqvarna HH42, with a max water pressure of 4200 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $1550-1800 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with 4500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 4 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 157130, with a GPM of 5.
- Boasting with 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the HH42 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Husqvarna HH42 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The Husqvarna HH42 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna pressure washers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.