The Kärcher G2700R is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G2700R
The Kärcher G2700R, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2700 PSI (around 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher G2700R has a cleaning power of 6480 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kärcher KPS engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G2700R offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W16 x H52 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the G2700R convenience of transport.
With a weight of 60 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Kärcher KPS engine and its welded steel frame. Since the G2700R has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Kärcher G2700R itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Kärcher G2700R doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Kärcher G2700R's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher G2700R are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, soap hose, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G2700R is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G2700R's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G2700R compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher G2700R and its 2700 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $250 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Powerhorse 89897 with 3200 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 89897, with a GPM of 2.6.
- The G2700R has 6480 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 8320 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G2700R is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Kärcher KPS 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.017-383.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 16 x 52 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G2700R is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.