The Kärcher G2900E is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Karcher KPS OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||1.107-414.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.9 x 15.2 x 35.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, garden hose adapter, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G2900E
In summary, the Kärcher G2900E is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher G2900E's cleaning power of 7540 Cleaning Units.
The Karcher KPS engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.8 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.9 x W15.2 x H35.4 in, the Kärcher G2900E offers great mobility. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the G2900E convenience of transport.
Weighing 51.8 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 196 cc Karcher KPS engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The G2900E can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Kärcher G2900E itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G2900E features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher G2900E also comes with garden hose adapter, wand, soap hose, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G2900E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G2900E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G2900E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2900 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher G2900E has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $240 to $300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The G2900E, which reaches up to 7540 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse WPX3400, which can reach up to 8840 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G2900E is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G2900E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.