The Kärcher G2900X is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Kärcher KPS 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-384.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.5 x 20 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G2900X
The Kärcher G2900X, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher G2900X's axial pump, powered by a 196cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (approximately 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Kärcher G2900X thus has a cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Kärcher KPS engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G2900X is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.5 x W20 x H35 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 63 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 196cc Kärcher KPS engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The G2900X can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Kärcher G2900X comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. The Kärcher G2900X is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher G2900X's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher G2900X comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G2900X is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G2900X's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G2900X compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher G2900X, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2900, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the G2900X sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G2900X is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G2900X is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.