The Kärcher G2900X is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Kärcher KPS 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-384.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.5 x 20 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G2900X
In a nutshell, the Kärcher G2900X is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 2900 PSI (around 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher G2900X has a cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
The Kärcher KPS engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G2900X offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.5 x W20 x H35 in. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 63 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Kärcher KPS engine and its welded steel frame. Since the G2900X has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Kärcher G2900X comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher G2900X doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G2900X features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher G2900X comes with pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G2900X is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G2900X's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G2900X compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher G2900X with its 2900 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with a PSI of 3400.
- This washer reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, with 2.8 GPM.
- The G2900X's Cleaning Units, 6960 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G2900X is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Decent GPM for the price
- No detergent dilution mechanism
- Low PSI for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G2900X is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.