The Kärcher G2900X is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Kärcher KPS 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-384.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.5 x 20 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G2900X
The Kärcher G2900X, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher G2900X's cleaning power of 6960 Cleaning Units.
The Kärcher KPS engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G2900X offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.5 x W20 x H35 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Weighing 63 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Kärcher KPS engine and welded steel frame. Since the G2900X has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Kärcher G2900X's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. The Kärcher G2900X is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher G2900X's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher G2900X comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G2900X is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G2900X's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G2900X compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2900 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher G2900X is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $240-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200 with a PSI of 3200.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Excell EPW2123100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 6960 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the G2900X sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Excell EPW2123100 with its 8680 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G2900X is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G2900X is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.