The Kärcher G3100XH is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3100XH
In summary, the Kärcher G3100XH is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 187 cc (6 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher G3100XH's cleaning power of 7440 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.48 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25 x W19 x H37 in, the Kärcher G3100XH provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 65 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and its welded steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the G3100XH to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Kärcher G3100XH itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. As the Kärcher G3100XH doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3100XH allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher G3100XH comes with spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3100XH is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Kärcher G3100XH's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3100XH compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3100 PSI, the Karcher G3100XH finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Generac 6924 with a PSI of 3600.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 7440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the G3100XH sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3100XH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 6 HP Honda GC190 4-stroke OHC|
|Other model numbers||1.107-389.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25 x 19 x 37 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3100XH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.