The Kärcher G3100XH is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3100XH
The Kärcher G3100XH, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 187 cc (6 hp) engine, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher G3100XH has a cleaning power of 7440 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D25 x W19 x H37 in, the Kärcher G3100XH provides great mobility. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 65 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the G3100XH has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Kärcher G3100XH comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Kärcher G3100XH does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher G3100XH's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher G3100XH also comes with spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3100XH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3100XH's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3100XH compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Karcher G3100XH is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20505 with a PSI of 3400.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.4 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with 3 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 7440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the G3100XH rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3100XH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 6 HP Honda GC190 4-stroke OHC|
|Other model numbers||1.107-389.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 25 x 19 x 37 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3100XH is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.