The Kärcher G3500OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-268.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23 x 22 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G3500OHT
The Kärcher G3500OHT, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3500 PSI (roughly 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher G3500OHT's cleaning power of 9100 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G3500OHT is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23 x W22 x H35 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the G3500OHT convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 76 lbs. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the G3500OHT has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Kärcher G3500OHT itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Kärcher G3500OHT doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher G3500OHT's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher G3500OHT also comes with spray gun, oil, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3500OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3500OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3500OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher G3500OHT with its 3500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.6 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the DeWalt DXPW60605 has the highest GPM of 4.
- The G3500OHT's Cleaning Units, 9100 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3500OHT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3500OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.