The Kärcher G3500OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3500OHT
In a nutshell, the Kärcher G3500OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass triplex pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3500 PSI (almost 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 9100 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23 x W22 x H35 in, the Kärcher G3500OHT offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the G3500OHT convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 76 lbs. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the G3500OHT to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Kärcher G3500OHT's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Kärcher G3500OHT doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3500OHT allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher G3500OHT comes with spray gun, pressure hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3500OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3500OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3500OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher G3500OHT with its 3500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $700-800 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Generac 6565, with 4 GPM.
- The G3500OHT's Cleaning Units, 9100 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3500OHT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-268.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23 x 22 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3500OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.