The Kärcher G3500OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-268.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23 x 22 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G3500OHT
In summary, the Kärcher G3500OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Using a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3500 PSI (roughly 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.6 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9100 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX200 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G3500OHT is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23 x W22 x H35 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the G3500OHT convenience of transport.
With a weight of 76 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the G3500OHT to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Kärcher G3500OHT itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Kärcher G3500OHT doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3500OHT features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher G3500OHT are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3500OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3500OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3500OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3500 PSI, the Karcher G3500OHT ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $600 and $700. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with 3600 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.6 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Stihl RB 400, with a GPM of 2.7.
- The G3500OHT, which reaches up to 9100 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Generac 6924 with its 9360 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3500OHT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Triplex pump
- Honda engine
- Good range of nozzles included
- VersaGRIP gun
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
- No detergent dilution mechanism
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3500OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.