The Kärcher G3800OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3800OHT
The Kärcher G3800OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (roughly 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G3800OHT is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D36.5 x W23.5 x H30.5 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the G3800OHT convenience of transport.
This model weighs 102.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit’s two 10" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher G3800OHT does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3800OHT's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher G3800OHT are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3800OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3800OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1200.
- The Karcher G3800OHT and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Generac XC4200W, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the G3800OHT rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA and its 18000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3800OHT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-278.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 36.5 x 23.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3800OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.