The Kärcher G3800OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3800OHT
The Kärcher G3800OHT, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (almost 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G3800OHT offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D36.5 x W23.5 x H30.5 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the G3800OHT convenience of transport.
With a weight of 102.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, its two 10" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the Kärcher G3800OHT itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Kärcher G3800OHT doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3800OHT allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3800OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3800OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $1200.
- The Karcher G3800OHT with its 3800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $1000-1400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440, with 4 GPM.
- The G3800OHT ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 12160 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3800OHT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-278.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 36.5 x 23.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3800OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.