The Kärcher G3800OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3800OHT
In a nutshell, the Kärcher G3800OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3800 PSI (roughly 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher G3800OHT's cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D36.5 x W23.5 x H30.5 in, the Kärcher G3800OHT offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the G3800OHT convenience of transport.
With a weight of 102.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. A key role in its final weight is played by its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher G3800OHT does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3800OHT's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3800OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3800OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1200.
- The Karcher G3800OHT and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the NorthStar 157127 that can reach up to 4200 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the DeWalt DXPW60605, that can deliver up to 4 GPM.
- The G3800OHT ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 12160 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the DeWalt DXPW60605 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3800OHT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 36.5 x 23.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3800OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.