The Kärcher G3800OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-278.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 36.5 x 23.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher G3800OHT
In summary, the Kärcher G3800OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3800 PSI (around 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher G3800OHT has a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D36.5 x W23.5 x H30.5 in, the Kärcher G3800OHT offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the G3800OHT convenience of transport.
With a weight of 102.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, its two 10" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. However, since the Kärcher G3800OHT does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher G3800OHT features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3800OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3800OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $1200.
- The Karcher G3800OHT and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA that can reach up to 4500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 4400 has the highest GPM of 4.2.
- The G3800OHT's Cleaning Units, 12160 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3800OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.