The Kärcher G3800OHT is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher G3800OHT
In a nutshell, the Kärcher G3800OHT is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 270 cc (8.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (almost 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 12160 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.4 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher G3800OHT offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D36.5 x W23.5 x H30.5 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the G3800OHT convenience of transport.
At 102.5 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the device’s two 10" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Kärcher G3800OHT doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included VersaGRIP spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
The VersaGRIP trigger gun has dual action triggers, which allow you to effectively use it at any angle. A shoulder stock lets you utilize your very own body as an anchor, creates a secure holding position and reduces any strain exerted on your fingers, hand and wrists during the cleaning. The VersaGRIP is compatible with many brands and models of gas pressure washers, as it can be easily attached to industry-standard standardized high pressure hoses and spray wands.
- Onboard storage: With the Kärcher G3800OHT's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Kärcher G3800OHT comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Kärcher G3800OHT is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Kärcher G3800OHT's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher G3800OHT compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1200.
- The Karcher G3800OHT and its 3800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1000 and $1400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 3.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440, with a GPM of 4.
- With 12160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the G3800OHT is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ4515E-CA, which can reach up to 18000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 11200 and 13300 Cleaning Units, the Karcher G3800OHT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 8.4 HP Honda GX270 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||1.107-278.0|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 36.5 x 23.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Zinc-coated wand, VersaGRIP spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher G3800OHT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.