The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Kärcher K2 Entry, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
The Kärcher K1 Entry, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 10 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1450 PSI (almost 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
The K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 9.8 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K1 Entry doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Kärcher K1 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1 Entry also comes with spray gun, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compared to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $110.
- The Kärcher K1 Entry, a device which can produce up to 1450 PSI, was on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with 2100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), was placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The K1 Entry's Cleaning Units, 1740 CU (PSI X GPM), fell into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2001V and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.