The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
The Kärcher K1 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1450 PSI (roughly 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K1 Entry's cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
The K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
Standing at only 9.8 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K1 Entry doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Kärcher K1 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1 Entry also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, wand and power cord.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1 Entry with its 1450 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-VBW-WT with 2100 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1740 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the K1 Entry rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX and its 3690 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.