The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1450 PSI (roughly 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K1 Entry's cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Kärcher K1 Entry's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 9.8 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K1 Entry doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Kärcher K1 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1 Entry also comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1 Entry, a device which can produce up to 1450 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000 with a PSI of 2030.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 1740 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the K1 Entry result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY1419MT and its 2280 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1 Entry is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.