The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1450 PSI (roughly 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K1 Entry's cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Kärcher K1 Entry's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 9.8 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. This light weight compensates for the fact that the K1 Entry doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Kärcher K1 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1 Entry also comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1 Entry and its 1450 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 that can reach up to 2500 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500, with 1.76 GPM.
- The K1 Entry has 1740 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Foam cannon not included
- No pressure hose storage
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.