The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 10 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1450 PSI (roughly 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Kärcher K1 Entry's cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Kärcher K1 Entry's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
Because the device weighs just 9.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Even though the K1 Entry doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Kärcher K1 Entry comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1 Entry also comes with wand, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1 Entry and its 1450 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $100 and $130. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-BCMT that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- With 1740 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the K1 Entry is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMT, which can reach up to 3675 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||10 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.