The Kärcher K1 Entry is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K1 Entry
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1 Entry is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K1 Entry's axial cam pump, powered by a 10 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1450 PSI (approximately 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Kärcher K1 Entry thus has a cleaning power of 1740 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the K1 Entry gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 16 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L15.1 x W6.9 x H11.7 in, the Kärcher K1 Entry makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the K1 Entry convenience of transport. The handle remains sturdy and will never fall apart, as it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 9.8 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Because the K1 Entry is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Kärcher K1 Entry itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a VPS wand. The Vario Power Spray (VPS) wand allows you to conveniently switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Simply twist the end for infinitely variable pressure adjustment.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K1 Entry are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and wand.
The Kärcher K1 Entry's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1 Entry compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1 Entry and its 1450 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $100 and $150. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1740 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the K1 Entry rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1 Entry is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.599-103.0|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 15.1 x 6.9 x 11.7 in|
|Included accessories||VPS wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 16 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1 Entry is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.