The Kärcher K1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.106-109.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 16.5 x 33 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1700
The Kärcher K1700 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 14 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Kärcher K1700's cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher allows you to easily start this electric pressure washer, utilizing the K1700's ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher K1700 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W16.5 x H33 in. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The handle adds to the K1700 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 20.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its aluminum frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Kärcher K1700's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Kärcher K1700 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a front sheath.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K1700's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K1700 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Kärcher K1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1700, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1700, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCMH, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The K1700's Cleaning Units, 2040 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.