The Kärcher K1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K1700
The Kärcher K1700 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K1700's axial pump, powered by a 14 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Kärcher K1700 thus has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher allows you to easily start this electric pressure washer, utilizing the K1700's ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher K1700 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W16.5 x H33 in. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The handle adds to the K1700 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 20.7 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Among other factors, the aluminum frame plays a role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 8" wheels.
The Kärcher K1700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher K1700 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a front sheath.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher K1700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Kärcher K1700 also comes with power cord, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
The Kärcher K1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1700, with a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $90 to $110 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BCOH with 2100 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW20, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The K1700 has 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.106-109.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 16.5 x 33 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.