The Kärcher K1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|14 amp, universal
|Other model numbers
|0.5 gal, removable
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 16.5 x 33 in
|2 wheels, ⌀8"
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1700
In summary, the Kärcher K1700 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 14 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K1700 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W16.5 x H33 in, the Kärcher K1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The handle adds to the K1700 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 20.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its aluminum frame. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 8" wheels.
The Kärcher K1700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. As the Kärcher K1700 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Kärcher K1700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K1700 comes with spray gun, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The Kärcher K1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K1700 and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $120 and $150. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse ePX3500, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500, with a GPM of 1.76.
- As the K1700 has a total of 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2001V, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.