The Kärcher K1800PS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Other model numbers
|0.3 gal, removable
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|Dedicated slot (top)
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.5 x 16.5 x 33.1 in
|2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1800PS
The Kärcher K1800PS is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K1800PS gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.5 x W16.5 x H33.1 in, the Kärcher K1800PS offers great mobility. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 20.7 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 8" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K1800PS's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.3 gal tank. As the Kärcher K1800PS doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a dedicated slot, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A front sheath enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Kärcher K1800PS's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K1800PS comes with garden hose adapter, power cord, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Kärcher K1800PS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1800PS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Kärcher K1800PS with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-170 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse ePX3500, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the K1800PS result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 and its 2870 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1800PS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1800PS is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.