The Kärcher K1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||14 amp, universal|
|Other model numbers||1.106-110.0|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 17.3 x 17.5 x 33 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Kärcher K1800
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1800 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 14 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Kärcher K1800 has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K1800 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D17.3 x W17.5 x H33 in, the Kärcher K1800 provides great mobility. The aluminum frame allows the device to remain highly durable, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 21.4 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its aluminum frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
The Kärcher K1800 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher K1800 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a front sheath.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K1800 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Kärcher K1800 comes with spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Kärcher K1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1800, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $150-180 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000 XTREAM with 2200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- As the K1800 has a total of 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW21 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please consult Kärcher's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.