The Kärcher K1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K1900
In summary, the Kärcher K1900 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (almost 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2470 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher allows you to easily start this electric pressure washer, utilizing the K1900's ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Kärcher K1900 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W19 x H35.5 in. The aluminum frame grants the device a good durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 39.3 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its aluminum frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two 10" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Kärcher K1900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 1 gal tank. As the Kärcher K1900 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a front sheath.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K1900 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Kärcher K1900 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The Kärcher K1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1900, which can reach a PSI of 1900, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $200 and $250. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY142300 with 2300 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 157055, with 1.5 GPM.
- The 2470 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the K1900 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Kärcher K5 Premium and its 2800 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1900 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||1.106-111.0|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.