The Kärcher K1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Kärcher K1900
In a nutshell, the Kärcher K1900 is a light to medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Kärcher K1900's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (approximately 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Kärcher K1900 thus has a cleaning power of 2470 Cleaning Units.
Kärcher made starting the motor of this electric pressure washer as easy as possible, since the K1900 gets easily started by stepping on an ON/OFF pedal. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D18.3 x W19 x H35.5 in, the Kärcher K1900 provides great mobility. The aluminum frame ensures the device's durability, as it will not rust. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 39.3 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its aluminum frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 10" wheels.
The Kärcher K1900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 1 gal tank. It must be noted that the Kärcher K1900 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a front sheath.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Kärcher K1900's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Kärcher K1900 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Kärcher K1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Kärcher K1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Karcher K1900, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1900, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $195 to $255 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BIMK, which reaches up to 2600 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The K1900 has 2470 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Karcher K1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||1.106-111.0|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 19 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1935 by Alfred Kärcher, this family-owned business is headquartered in Winnenden, Germany. Credited with developing Europe's first hot water high-pressure washer in 1950, the company continues to pride itself on ingenuity and innovative thinking for new solutions in the cleaning industry. Kärcher also insists on being a socially- and ecologically-sustainable company. The popularity of the brand can be seen by the fact that the name Kärcher has in some European countries become a colloquial term used synonymously with pressure washers.
The Kärcher K1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Kärcher pressure washers, please contact the Kärcher Customer Support: 1-800-537-4129.